Department of Psychology
The subject of Psychology has been studied from the establishment of the college since 1984. The aim of the subject is to develop our student’s personality in a versatile way. Thus, it will help to improve students’ self-awareness, decision making, and regulation of emotions, coping stress, empathy, communication, self-motivation, acceptance and social skills.
- To familiarise students with the old and new trends in psychology, major concepts, and theoretical perspectives and its application for the betterment of mankind
- To study empirical findings of psychologists
- To facilitate learning about behavioural aspects
- To understand human behaviour for its various applications in different fields
- 2021-2022 – Patil Minal Pralhad – BA Part I got first prize for highest marks in Psychology and got Sau. Dhondubai Tanajirao Magar Award.
- 2021-2022 – Kolape Suraj Subhash – BA Part II got first prize for highest marks in Psychology and got Srimati. Hausabai Nivrutti Yadav Award.
- organised World Mental Health Day on 10th Oct. 2022.
SWOC Analysis of the Department
- We have experience and qualified staff focusing on student’s personality, soft skill and study skill development.
- We do not have Psychology Department for the last year of graduation
- There are lots of opportunities to engage society through awareness programme, Mental Health, Anger Management and so on.
- There is lack of awareness in Government and Society about psychology subject due to this we are facing many mental and physical mental issues
- To establish a Psychology Department (a division for 3rd year) in college