Department of Political Science
The department of Political Science was established in June 1986. The aim of the department is to prepare students for the career in Civil Services, Public Opinion Analyst, Corporate Manager, Politics, Journalism, Foreign Service Officer, Legal Advisor to political parties, Marketing Research Analyst, Election and Campaign Manager, Public Relations Specialist, Bank Manager, Policy Analyst. It regularly engages in organizing activities viz. Essay and Article Writing, Elocution and Debate Competitions along with Field Visit to inculcate better understanding of the subject. The faculty of department is well qualified and experienced in Teaching and Research.
- To develop national and international integrity among students.
- To introduce the concept, ideas and theories of Political science to the students.
- To study the political process and actual functioning of the political system in Maharashtra.
- To motivate students for competitive exams.
- Gaikwad Gorakh Baburao has qualified Maharashtra SET for eligibility for Assistant Professor (2023)
- Mujawar Afreen Munawar has qualified Maharashtra SET for eligibility for Assistant Professor (2023)
Debates, Guest lectures, wallpapers, Research project, Quiz Competitions, Seminar, Group Discussion
- Mohite Dhanajay (1994), President Lakshya Pratisthan
- Patil Chandrshekhar(1996),Balaji Allinz ltd,Karad.
- Yadav Prashant (2004), Krishi Kendra,Kale.
- Shinde Sandyarani (2006), Asst.Prof. A & C College, Undale.
- Madane Uday (2006), Koyana Sahakari Bank,Karad.
- Patil Ankush (2007), Advocate
- Thorat Deepak (2011), Induland Bank, Karad.
- Patil Jyoti (2011), Maharashtra Police
- Afrin Mujavar (2020), Asst.Prof. V.C.College, Karad.
Value Added Courses, Add-on Courses and Certificate courses
- Political Campaigns and development of Political leadership.
SWOC Analysis of the Department
- Central Library of the College provides opportunity to the students to read rare and necessary treatises on Political Science.
- Department of Political Science is one of the popular Post Graduate centres in Sangli District.
- The Department of Political Science provides consultancy and guidance for MPSC and UPSC examinations.
- Requirement of Permanent Teaching Faculty.
- Department can conduct a Value Aided course on “Leadership in Local-Self Government Bodies” in order to enhance the interests of the young generation in the Parliamentary Democratic processes.
- Department can conduct a self-supporting course on “Human Rights”
- To make the students coming from rural areas able to face competitive examinations.
- To provide additional infrastructure to start a research center To generate resources from the self-supporting courses
- To start a Post Graduate Course.
- To Organized Mock Parliament.
- To Organize National Seminar in Politics on Current Political issue.