Department of English
The department of English was established in1986. The department aims at creating skilled human resources in the field of English Language and Literature. It provides assistance to the students to make them fit for the academic, corporate environment. It is committed to improve the LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) skills among the students. It introduces different career opportunities in various fields.
The faculty of the department is well qualified and experienced in teaching and research. The faculty is enthusiastic and well versed in English language teaching methods.
Along with the curriculum, the department organises various co-curricular and extracurricular activities and takes initiatives to bring positive changes in the students.
- To enhance students’ communication skills
- To impart employability skills to students
- To prepare students for competitive examinations
- To create interest in English literature among students
- To inculcate human values and ethics in order to enable students to become good citizens of the country
- Tabassum Attar participated in ‘Avishkar Research Competition’ organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur and got 1st prize on the topic, ‘Eco Consciousness in Indian English Literature’ held on 28/12/2018.
- On 26th December 2018, Shri. Amir Maner participated in ‘Avishkar Research Competition’ organized by Yashwantrao Chavan Institute of Science, Satara on the topic ‘A Study of the Skills of using English Dictionary’ by the 6th students, Karad Municipality School No. 3.
- In 2019, Department of English (under the lead college activity of Research Sensitising Scheme for students by the Shivaji University, Kolhapur) sent the proposal and got Rs. 10000/- for research and our three students Babasahab Mujawar, Ms. Trupti Sutar and Ms. Anjali Sutar submitted the research successfully.
- English Carnival
- Teachers’ Day Celebration – Wallpaper
- Literary Association
- Surprise Test
- Elocution Competition
- Preparation for Avishkar
- Reading Competition
- Film Screening
- Group Discussion
- Guest Lecture
- Poetry Recitation Competition
- Quiz Contest
- Open Book Test
- Handwriting Competition
- Gulab Roshan Bagwan (1987 Batch), Associate Professor in English at Kakasaheb Chavan College, Talmavle.
- Amrutrao Baburao Chavan (1987 Batch), Teacher
- Milind Trivikram Tonape (1989 Batch), Emerson Tech. Karad
- Anil Mahadev Thorat (1990 Batch), Teacher at RKL Kanya Prashala, Karad
- Anil Kashinath Kate (1991 Batch), Professor at Baba Naik College, Kokrud
- Anil Shankar Raut (1991 Batch), Teacher at Yashwant Nagar High School, Yashwant Nagar
- Anil Antu Jadhav (1993 Batch), Teacher at Madhyamik Vidyamandir, Goleshwar
- Uday Khashaba Kumbhar (1996 Batch), Teacher at Tilak High School, Karad
- Amir Elahi Mujawar (Batch 2003), Teacher at Bharati Vidyapeeth
- Amol Wanjari (2005 Batch), Assistant Teacher
- Nilam Ashok Thorat (2008 Batch), Primary Teacher at ZP School Tarale
- Sonali Bajirao Patil (2010 Batch), Teacher at Sant Tukaram High School, Karad
- Sahila Surve (2015 Batch), Lecturer at Arts and Commerce College Nagthane.
- Amir Sikbandar Maner (2018 Batch), Advocate.
- Ravina Koli (2021 Batch)
Value Added Courses, Add-on Courses and Certificate courses
- Communication and Soft Skills
- Certificate Course in English Grammar
SWOC Analysis of the Department
- Experienced and qualified faculty
- Departmental Library
- ICT Facilities
- Self-designed Career oriented certificate courses
- To focus on soft skill development of the students
- No Post Graduate Department
- Less number of Functional MoUs
- To begin Post Graduate Department
- To initiate collaborative activities.
- To groom students for future career challenges
- To gather funds and other resources for organisation of international conferences
- To bridge urban-rural divide
- To organise National, International Level conference
- To set up a language lab
- To establish Post graduate department
- Online Discussion Forum for the development of the communication skills of the students
- English Communication and Soft Skills Development Sessions