Department of Commerce
In July 1986, the department of Commerce was established. The Department offers ‘B. Com Course’ with specialization subject, ‘Advanced Accountancy’. It is constantly striving for excellence by imparting the academic innovation, social and ethical values into the students to meet the current demands of the dynamic entrepreneurial, academic and corporate world. Apart from classroom teaching, there is an ongoing effort to improve students’ learning and connect them to the business world. Eminent personalities from business and academia are regularly invited to seminars and lectures on regular basis. To facilitate face-to-face industry interactions and industrial visits are organized for students.
- To impart commerce education to the students of rural and urban area. To introduce global surrounding to the student of commerce.
- To acquaint students with recent trends and developments in commerce and develop entrepreneurial skills and management skills among them.
- To help students to acquire advanced knowledge in selecting subjects and areas in commerce and trade.
- Students are achieving Merit Awards and some students are getting govt jobs.
As far as our students’ progress is concerned, the Department organizes various activities and programs to encourage them to tackle global challenges as given below:
Wallpaper, Guest lectures, Group Discussion, Elocution Competition, Study Tour, Quiz Competition, Surprise Test, Unit Test, Library Visit, NGO visit, Seminars, Value Aided Courses, Welcome Day Celebration, Open Book Test, etc.
Thus, the Department initiates to adopt innovative activities as per the requirement of the students’ excellence.
- Shinganapurkar Sujata Chandrashekhar (Assistant Professor)
- Waske Ganesh Ramesh (Assistant Professor)
- Desai Amey Atmaram (Assistant Professor)
- Sabale Vaishali Pandharinath (Assistant Professor)
- Lad Ganesh Kamalakar (Director, Pratiksha Tech.Inst.)
- Ghatage Laxman Shivaji (Accountant KST Construction, Karad)
- Patil Vishal Vaman (Sales Executive, Lokmat)
- Pachupate Krishnat Dadaso (Certified Auditor)
- Joshi Yogesh Venkatesh (Marketing Executive, T.J.S. Bank)
Value Added Courses, Add-on Courses and Certificate Courses
- Banking Literacy Programme
- Job Oriented Special Subject
- Well ICT Equipped Classroom
- Departmental Library
- Concentrating on the development of the student’s soft skills and abilities
- No Post Graduate Department
- Unavailability of research centre in commerce
- No campus placement
- To start M. Com
- IBPS Guidance Center for Jobs in Banking Sector
- Opportunity in Banking, Accounting Farm, Industries, etc.
- To create awareness among the students about research in commerce
- Improve communication skills in English
- To promote research culture among the students
- Banking Literacy Programme
- Laboratory for the study of commerce
- To introduce ‘B. Com IT’ Course
- To introduce Bank Management Course
- Tally Course