Department of Sociology
The department of sociology was established in 1986. The aim of the department is to provide a golden opportunity of higher education to needy students and enable them to complete their education. The Department has been providing opportunities to the students who are alienated from main streams of higher education. It has been inculcating the social virtues and moral values on the students impressively. It always tries to bring out the best from the students and organises various programs related with social values. The Department regularly organises various academic, co-curriculum activities like Group Discussion, PowerPoint Presentation and Study Tour. It strives for motivating the students for various competitive examinations.
- To provide quality and value based education to the undergraduate students in sociology
- To sensitise the students on Socio-Economic, Cultural and Political Awareness and Environmental Issues in the society
- To develop high intellectual skills, research attitude and logical thinking
- To enlighten the students on youth leadership and self-employment opportunities
Suraj Sathe, BA III, ‘Mukta Salave Sahityik Puraskar’ (Jan 2023)
- Guest Lectures
- Group Discussion
- Elocution Competition
- Study Tour
- Quiz Competition
- Surprise Test
- Unit Test
- Library Visit
- NGOs Visit
- Film Screening
- Students’ Seminars
- Project Work
- 2018: Deepali Waghmare – lecturer at SBS college,karad
- 2023: Gayatri Rayte – Ministry Clerk
Value Added Courses, Add-on Courses and Certificate courses
SWOC Analysis of the Department
- Our department has qualified and experienced faculty.
- Organisation of various activities and programmes for Personality Development of the students.
- Department Library.
- The Process of becoming a good citizen of India is done through this department.
- No Post-Graduation Department
- No Any MOU
- No Organised Seminar and Conference.
- To Conduct Interdisciplinary activities.
- To organize Seminar or Conference.
- Sociology is the subject which is of relevance to the society and students can be encouraged to becomes entrepreneurs.
- To Participate in welfare activities.
- To introduce career oriented courses
- To promote research activity
- To initiate collaborative activities
- Organization of International Conference / Seminar
- To conduct more syllabus oriented seminars and workshops among the students.
- To take MOU, collaboration and linkages
- To motivate students’ research activities.